This time we will explain about how to break a fever naturally. But let’s see first, what is a fever? Fever is a symptom of the body against the virus, usually the body temperature will rise from the normal limitations. But what we need to underline is “the body temperature can be different from one to another.”
Maybe we’ve heard that body temperature in the range of 37 degrees C is still normal. It’s true, but everyone’s body temperature is not all the same, normal body temperature is different between children and adults, as well as between individuals.
As a proof we include the results of research from the National Institutes of Health. It says a child has a fever when the body temperature is above 37.5 degrees C (99.5 degrees F). Then, an adult has a fever when the body’s temperature over 37.2-37.5 degrees C or 99-99.5 degrees F. So, a person’s normal body temperature cannot be a size for others. It is shows there are many factors involved in a person’s body when attacked by a fever.
Fever is a symptom that the body is in trouble, can be a sign for a particular disease or because the body fight a viral infection as in the flu case.
Fever can also caused by the body’s natural response to some problems in children such as ear infections, urinary tract infections (UTI), immune systems disorders, autoimmune diseases, inflammatory diseases, cancer, frozen blood or gastroenteritis. Another cause of fever is sudden weather changes.
Also read: 7 Benefits of Taking Cold Shower
When a person has a fever, then he will feel things like muscle pain, weakness, headache, chills, dehydration or loss of appetite. It should be noted that when the fever you have to measure body temperature. If the temperature exceeds 40 degrees C or 102 F this is a sign that the fever already dangerous and should get professional medical help.
Here we provide some home treatment or home remedies to treat fever in adults naturally. There are at least 10 ways to get rid of fever naturally that you can read it. Continue your reading!
How to Break a Fever Naturally
1. Sponge Bath
One effective way to reduce the fever is with a sponge bath, you can try it at home. What should to be prepared is warm water and use a sponge to bathe. Here’s the complete Ingredients in preparation:
- A towel
- Warm water
- A basin
- Take a basin that has been in the contents of warm water
- Put the towel into warm water
- Squeeze the towel to remove excess water.
- Rub the body gently using a towel that has been squeezed
- If the towel is cold, soak it again with warm water and rub on the body
- Perform this treatment process for 15 minutes
- If you already feel shivering, stop your sponge bath.
2. Apple Cider Vinegar, Honey, And Water
How to break a fever for the next is by using apple cider vinegar, honey and water. This home treatment will quickly draw heat in your body to the fabric and let it disappear. In addition, this home remedy also provides minerals for the body so it can replace the lost minerals. While the presence of apple cider vinegar is good to stabilize the body’s pH. Below are several ways to make home remedies to reduce the fever.
Also read: 12 Benefits of Drinking Pineapple Juice
Method 1: Apple cider vinegar and cool water
Prepare materials such as:
- Apple cider vinegar
- Cool water
- A pair of stocks
- Combine cold water with apple cider vinegar with the same comparison
- Soak a pair of stock on the mixture
- Squeeze socks that have been soaked and put on the feet
- If the sock has dried up, do the soaking as early
- Use again on foot
- Home remedies for this fever can be used in children and adults
Method 2: Apple cider vinegar and warm water
- One cup of Apple cider vinegar
- Warm water
- Mix apple vinegar into warm water
- Stir both ingredients well
- Immerse yourself in the water for about 15 minutes
- Repeat several times until you feel relief
Method 3: Honey, Apples, and Water
- 3 Fresh apples
- A pan
- 3 ¾ cups of water
- 2 tablespoons of honey
- Peel the fresh apple that already prepared
- Cut some pieces with small pieces
- Put the apple into the pan and cook until boiling
- Cook until the apple slices are soft and mushy
- Next, lift and filter the water
- Wait until cool and add honey to it
- Drink this slowly
- Drink apples + honey water regularly until you feel relieved
3. Cold Compress
Cold compress is one way on how to break a fever naturally for adult based on home treatment. Water is the primary needs of earth and water grief is the magical ingredient that gives life. In fact, water can be used to compress in patients with fever.
To make this natural tips, simply soak a small towel in cold water or normal water temperature. Squeeze the water on the towel, place it on the forehead, can also put on the neck. This towel will absorb body heat and throw it away. A few moments will see the towel getting hot, a sign he worked to pull the hot temperature in the body.
If the towel is dry, repeat soaks the towel and uses it again. Do it several times until you feel relieved.
4. Raisins, Lemon Juice, Ginger, And Water
Raisins are healthy fruits that have great health benefits. This fruit contains phytonutrients that are useful as anti-virus, anti-bacterial and germ. Raisins are also rich in antioxidants, antibiotics, which the body needs. Fever is a symptom caused by a virus, then eating a raisin can help fever lasts. For more optimal results, you can make the following ingredients.
Method 1: lemon juice, raisins, and water
- Raisins as many as 5 tablespoons
- ½ cup water
- 1 teaspoon of lemon juice (lemon juice)
- Soak the raisins in water for 3 hours
- Milled raisins that have been soaked
- Add lemon juice into the raisin mill
- You are ready to make a natural fever remedy
- Consumption twice a day
Method 2: Ginger, Raisins, and Water
- One tablespoon of raisins
- Ginger as much as one tablespoon
- One glass of water
- Puree or mashed ginger and raisins, and soak into a cup of water for 1 hour
- Then boil until boiling
- Wait for the cold and drink as the medicine solve the fever naturally
Method 3: Raisins and water
Prepare minced raisins as much as ¾ cup and clean water as much as 8 cups.
- Put the raisins that have been chopped into the water
- Next, boil the mixture to boiling, reserving 2/3 cup
- Wait a few minutes to cool
- Drink this herb medicine several times a day
- To treat fever completely, take this herb regularly
5. How to break a fever with Garlic, Olive Oil, And Hot Water
Garlic is a kitchen spice that is powerful enough to treat various health symptoms including fever. Its warm characteristic can induce sweat to reduce high fever. In addition to treating fever, garlic is also useful for removing toxins in the body. This herb contains anti-bacterial, anti-fungal and high antioxidants that are useful to fight disease. Here’s how to make a concoction of garlic to solve the fever.
Also see: Random Bruising on Leg
Remedy 1: Garlic and hot water
Ingredients: one garlic cloves and 1 cup hot water
- Chop the garlic until smooth and put in hot water
- Leave in hot water for 10 minutes
- Strain and drink this water twice a day
Remedy 2: Garlic cloves and olive oil
The ingredients you should prepare are 2 cloves of garlic and 2 tablespoons of olive oil.
- Pounded finely in garlic
- Combine with olive oil
- Then warm the mixture
- Apply this mixture on the soles of the feet, so as not to fall
- Use this herbal when going to bed at night
- Clean your feet when you wake up
6. Lemon Juice, Cream Of Tartar, Water, And Honey
Tartar cream is one of the natural remedies to solve the fever due to its natural content. This is also known with fever tea because of its usefulness. Here’s how to use tartar cream for
- 1 ½ teaspoons Cream of tartar
- ½ teaspoon Lemon juice
- 2 ½ cup Warm water
- ½ teaspoon honey
- Take cream of tartar, lemon juice, honey and warm water
- Next, mix all ingredients well to make the herbs
- Drink 4-6 ounces of this solution to treat fever instantly
- If you have not feel any changes, make it several times
7. Orange Juice, Oregano, And Water
Furthermore, fever may be medicated with oregano, orange juice and water. Oregano is a natural antibiotic as well as being something powerful to fight bacterial infections, viruses, fungi, and parasitic infections.
In addition, oregano is also very strong antihistamine content, if fever is caused by allergies then the oregano is very good as a cure. To know how to get rid a fever naturally, here’s a look at the materials you should prepare.
- 2 tablespoons of fresh oregano leaves
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- 1 cup water
- If using fresh oregano leaves, cut into fine pieces
- Boil water until cooked
- Put fresh oregano leaves into hot water, when using dried leaves, you simply use a tablespoon
- Leave it in hot water for 10 minutes
- Remove and strain, add orange juice to it
- Drink regularly
- Drink 2 to 3 times a day
Note: This herb should only be consumed by those who are not pregnant. Pregnant women should avoid it because it can cause problems to the fetus.
Pineapple is a healthy fruit rich in vitamins and minerals. One of the benefits of pineapple is eliminating fever in adults. Pineapple is a fruit rich in fiber and anti-inflammatory properties. Fever is a symptom caused by inflammation. Another benefit is being able to add fluids in the body to avoid dehydration.
How to make a herb to treat fever with pineapple is just simple. You just need to consume fresh pineapple until you feel the fever is reduced. Another way is drink pineapple juice regularly.
9. Elderflower Tea
Elder-flower is one of the natural ingredients that are often used to solve the fever. Eating an elderflower tea can induce your sweat so it lowers the fever.
Another benefit of elderflower tea is to treat colds, coughs, colds, because it can reduce the excess mucus. To find out how to make potions for fever with elderflower, follow these ways:
- 2 tablespoons elderflower
- 1 cup boiling water
- Insert the elderflower into boiling water
- Stir and let stand until the juice (about 15 minutes)
- Strain and wait until warm
- Drink slowly while enjoying it
- You can drink this tea 3 times a day to get a more optimal treatment
10. Sandalwood And Water
One way on how to break a fever naturally in adults is with sandalwood. Sandalwood is actually useful to cool and calm the whole body including your mind. Here are the ingredients that need to be prepared to make a natural remedy eliminate fever.
Also read: Best essential oil for sleep apnea
- ½ teaspoon of sandalwood powder
- Less water
- Combine a little water with sandalwood powder to form a paste
- Apply this paste on the forehead to a thick shape
- Repeat using this paste several times a day to speed healing
Additional Tips on How to Break a Fever
- Drinking lots of water is important to prevent dehydration, orange juice can be an alternative
- Should not use ice or water that is too cold on the body.
- Rest is also very important for your body
- Expand consume green vegetables
- Avoid consuming cold food (food stored in freezers)
- Avoid smoking and discard the habit of drinking alcohol.