This time we will talk about how to get rid of an earache. Ear pain is a very common term. All of ear pain can cause discomfort and cause unbearable pain. Bacteria and germs that cause pain in the middle or outer ear can provide swelling, unbearable pain, redness, buzzing sounds and itching. Besides being caused by bacteria, earache can also occur due to buildup of wax in the ear, allergies or infection of the throat. So, the cause of earache is very diverse, and this is really associated with the way of healing.
Ways on how to get rid of an earache or treating it depends on the cause of the pain itself. As we mentioned above, if the earache due to bacterial infection, then the treatment can be with a warm compress, garlic, warm olive oil, they can calm the pain and heal. However, if the pain is due to accumulation of wax, then hydrogen peroxide can dilute the impurities in the ear and remove the dirt. In case of itching, apple cider vinegar and tea tree essential oil are either used as a natural remedy against itching of the ear.
In this post, you will learn how to get rid of an earaches by using natural home remedies. However, before going into the core of the discussion, let’s look at the causes and symptoms of earache.
Causes & Symptoms of Earache
It’s important for you to know, because knowing the symptoms and causes can make you easy in treating and get rid of earache.
1. Ear infection
One cause of earache is due to bacterial infection and germs. This problem occurs mostly in children. Ear infections – based on research – can cause fluid trapping in the ear and then provide pain, hearing and hearing loss. If ear infections already show severity – such as hearing loss – you should contact your doctor immediately for appropriate treatment.
2. Change in air pressure
Changes in air pressure also become one of the causes of earache. This change can happen because of flights, mountain biking, or scuba diving. This condition is called barotrauma.
The cause of subsequent earaches is the presence of allergies that are responsible for the respiratory system. Keep in mind that sine and ear have relations and both are connected. However, this allergy will cause blockage of the connection. This blockage can cause discomfort to your ears.
4. Buildup of earwax
If in the ears too much wax, then the pain can also occur even cause your hearing loss. The buildup of wax n the ear can be overcome by providing warmed olive oil. Put a few drops into the ear to remove the dirt.
5. Tooth decay
Tooth decay is also a cause of ear pain. Such a condition may occur when a bacterial infection causes a tooth abscess. You will feel tremendous pain including the gums, teeth to your ears.
Read more: Violet Essential Oil Benefits
6. Throat infections
In addition to connecting with the sinuses, the ear is also connected with the throat. So, when an infection occurs in the throat, the ear will also feel pain. For this problem, there are many home remedies that are able to stop and get rid of an earache due to a throat infection.
Home Remedies on How To Get Rid Of An Earache
Ear pain treatment is highly dependent on the cause of pain in the inner, middle or outer ear. In this article we will cover a bit about how to get rid of earache naturally.
1. Olive oil
Olive oil is one of the natural remedies that can eliminate ear problems that occur due to blockage of the ear canal. This blockage occurs due to the buildup of dirt that block the ear path. Heated olive oil can dilute the earwax that clogs the ear and throw it out. In addition, olive oil also serves as a natural remedy to relieve various infections in ear.
How to use:
Here is how to get rid of earwax that accumulates in the ear using olive oil.
- Warm olive oil, but too warm because it can burn the ears
- Put a few drops of oil that has been heated into the ear
- Let your head position stay tilted to keep the oil out, this is useful for liquefying clogged dirt
- Then, remove the impurities with the cotton slowly
Do a few times the penetration of olive oil until all the dirt that causes clogged ears can be removed.
2. Using garlic
If the earache is caused by a bacterial infection, you can treat it with garlic. This is an antibiotic that can stop bacterial infection in the ear. Garlic contains a powerful anti-microbial to kill fungi and viruses. The compounds that kill this virus are Allicin and its much in garlic.
It has been scientifically researched and published in the journal Letters in Applied Microbiology. Reported that garlic contains a substance that can kill the fungus that causes ear infections. In addition to the results of this study, there are also studies that report that using garlic to treat ear pain is very effective, even more effective than using pharmaceutical drugs.
How to use:
Follow the following ways to make a natural remedy from garlic extract
- Destroy and crush two cloves of garlic, let stand for 10 minutes for its allicin substances out. Substance that kills the bacteria and viruses that cause infection.
- Then, take 5 tablespoons of oil and put in a pan together with the onion that has been crushed.
- Warm the oil for a while so that the medicinal properties of the onion are mixed with oil.
- Allow to cool at room temperature, put a few drops into the ear. Allow a few moments until the oil works to kill bacteria and viruses.
- Next, tilt your head to let the water out of your ear
- Repeat the use of this natural medicine from garlic twice a day until your ears feel comfortable.
In addition to killing bacteria that cause ear infections, this herb can also be used to dissolve and dilute earwax.
3. Warm compress
In addition to using liquids from garlic collisions, one of the simplest ways on how to get rid of an earaches is using warm compresses. Hot and warm feeling when the compress causes the blood flow to be smooth and it can stimulate healing from within.
Dr. Judith Lynch on Medscape.com says that warm compresses include one natural way of treating earache, warm compresses help ease the ear problem naturally.
How to use:
Here are the steps you should do:
- Soak the face cloth with warm water, squeeze the water
- Then, place on the ear for 10 minutes
- You may also include hot water into a glass bottle. Dress with a thin towel and hold on to the infected ear.
Hot compress is very easy to do, it provides relief for healing quickly. In addition, a clogged ear with earwax can also be treated.
4. Essential Oils Steam Inhalation
Furthermore, ways on how to get rid of an earache is by inhaling steam essential oil. This method effectively cures earaches caused by respiratory tract infections. Inhaling steam essential oils can clear the respiratory tract, ears and throat. Here are some essential oils that eliminate ear pain thanks to anti-microbial and anti-fungal contents.
- Lavender oil
- Lemongrass oil
- Peppermint oil
- Rosemary oil
- Cinnamon oil
- Eucalyptus oil
How to use:
Here’s how to get rid of earache from respiratory infections. Follow the steps:
- Boil water and put it into a heat-resistant bowl
- Enter a few drops of the essential oil mentioned above
- Breathe the steam over the hot water, cover the head, neck with a towel
- Do this treatment 2 times a day until your ears feel comfortable and no pain anymore.
5. Basil Oil
If your ear is sick from injury or infection, you can use basil oil or an extract from a bacillus plant. Basil oil contains anti-microbial that can reduce the battle in your ears.
In the Journal of Infectious Diseases, it is reported that basil oil is good for treating otitis media. In research, basil oil that used on the ear can cure ill up to 85%.
How to use:
Follow these steps to make your ears comfortable and free from infectious pain.
- Take a tablespoon of olive oil or coconut oil, mix it with a few drops of basil oil.
- Use a cotton ball to smear the herb oil on the wound on the ear. If the infection in the ear, you can put a few drops into the ear hole.
- Repeat twice daily to get rid of earache from injury or infection.
6. Apple cider vinegar
Furthermore, the effective way to treat earache from infection is to use raw apple cider vinegar. Apple cider vinegar contains acetic acid useful to balance pH and reduce itching of the ear. Vinegar also includes a natural antiseptic that is useful for fighting ear infections.
Apple cider vinegar is said to be powerful in treating middle, external ear infections and ear inflammation.
How to use:
How to get rid of an earache and relieve pain with apple cider vinegar. Perform the following steps:
- Combine a number of raw apple cider vinegar with water, warm for a moment
- Soak the cotton in the vinegar, make sure that the heating is not too hot
- Dip the cotton ball into apple cider vinegar. Enter into the ear, tilt the ear so that the vinegar goes inside and against the bacteria
Repeat several times a day to get a good treatment until you feel comfortable.